Wednesday 7 March 2018

My School Crush



“All Indians are my brothers and sisters…”, the whole assembly blurted out. “Except her”, my mind whispered. Standing in the queue, while me leading it because of my shortest height in the class. The usual blab by principal stating how discipline is important in our life. At the end of her lecture, a forceful movement of head upside-down with a compliment of applaud was our usual morning chores. “Head toward your respective classes with no talking in corridors”, last command by our principal before the assembly adjournment. Entering my class first and waiting for her to enter the class was my usual routine. There she enters the class, with the usual laugh on her face and my god I need to admit that my face turned red with the smile wide enough to cross the boundaries of my face. A hand wave by me and vice versa finally completed my morning chores. Sitting on the front bench of the class, well it was fair enough as I had to stand up and copy another half of the blackboard if I sat on the back benches. While she sitting in the mid-benches of the row, of course, she was taller than me maybe by an inch or a two. Her brown eyes her scintillating nature always gave my eyes a delightful view. Suddenly movements of moving my head around trying accidentally to struck my eyes with her and end up giving a weird smile. Always successful to impress my subject teachers, when teacher distributed answer papers, I always end up bragging my marks to the whole world, But, staring her straight into eyes disappeared my level of awesomeness and eventually kept me grounded. That was magic of adolescence or something else, I realized it later. Last year in school together but I didn’t have the audacity to ask her to fill my scrapbook. Because perhaps I could see affection in her eyes for someone. Later on, my audacity to not give up on my crush turned to love, drafted a new whole plot in the story of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment