Tuesday 12 June 2018

My First Heartbreak


Finally, my next book manuscript reached the publishing house and was excited to see all of them adorning the showcase. If I flip – back to a time when my text-box would float with the messages of admirers, well now my fleet of cars made me to change my phone with more storage. But my phone was just waiting for her one message, that you’re forgiven and that would easily give me salvation. Her one glimpse would leave a smile that would diminish a least for a day.
----------------------------------------------------------
Traveling to every metropolitan city, every radio city, a routine I wish I could elope. Living four blocks away from my penthouse, I could see her taking a bleak walk towards the house. I wish I could accompany her.  The audacity to knock her door was the last thing my ego would have permit me.  The stardom helped me to break into any girl’s room, my car not surprised by the distinguished perfume scents every day. A makeup of false emotions that would finally make me look happy. Well, my friends had to really dig out my makeup to see a desolate me. She was my only best friend, who helped me with my writings, supported me when my blogs would not reach out to the people more than a century. Finally, after half a decade, breaking the wall of egoism and calling my alter-ego was tough then setting up my own publishing house.
----------------------------------------------------------
“Hey, it’s me can you spare some time for me…”, I really said. “What you want from me now”, a tone that would easily explain that please leave me alone. “Mom, I’m sorry please forgive me”, I added.  “You took my soul from me”, she blurted her lungs out. “Just meet me for God’s sake I have already lost one part of my heart and I can’t afford to lose the other”. She didn’t say anything and hung up the call. A minute later a message popped out on my phone from her. “Mr. Amit let’s meet tomorrow at sharp 6pm, okay about the venue, I have sent you the address, please be on time”.
----------------------------------------------------------
“May I help you”, my dad asked. Your son has played with his luck and unfortunately has lost a great sum of money and we tried to contact him but he didn’t have the audacity to pick up the call. The tone was similar to a doctor who conveys the message that his loved ones didn’t survive. I could sense the apprehension in the room. “Just tell me the amount and will pay you back in a week probably”, my dad pleased. “Twenty lacs”, they nodded and left reluctantly. The figures were exactly my dad’s four years pay. My mother was a house-wife till then. Dad saddened by the fact that his son didn’t ask for the money and swerved with gambling of his own luck. He didn’t slap me but his death due to heart-attack was no less than a slap in the face. Dad’s insurance money paid off my foolishness. A night of guilt or a murderer to my mother made me lose two gems of my life and this is how 19 years old boy witnessed his first heartbreak.
----------------------------------------------------------
 “Hello Sir, I am your biggest fan, your books on self- help has really inspired me”. “I’m glad that I’m able to make a difference in at least some of you”. I replied. “But it didn’t help me”, I sighed.   The restaurant looked like a place of historical importance. The ceiling was handcrafted with hundreds of circles inscribed with millions of flowers in it, the four columns on edge of the room was platted with strips of platinum which would easily light up the room then many of the LED’s in the room. My eyes were fixed on the door, not ready to blink until she passes the door. Her punctuality failed to impress the people around her. She entered the room.
----------------------------------------------------------
 Until I left her, she was draped in a white saree. Now some of the flicks of her hair were purpled, her ears were adorned with beautiful rings of gold, a tuck in shirt with a blazer on it was a revelation of her inculcated confidence over the years. The only thing that made me inferior was her 3-inch heels. “What can I do for you, just tell me “, I muttered. “I never thought you would be as stubborn as me, you call me after five years?”, she said with a wry smile on her face. “After all the money lost in gambling of luck, after dad’s heart attack, I thought of proving myself and not to face you until I become a millionaire or famous but I expected that you would walk four blocks away which I couldn’t do it”, I sobbed. I came close to her but she plunked me away and then she took a gasp and hugged me.” I’m sorry too”, she wept out of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment